Wednesday, November 17, 2010

College football Week 12

An 8-point week dropped me to third with 101 total points. Only six points behind first place, but that's a big gap with little time remaining in the season.

Tough games to pick this week:
  • Ohio State (8) at Iowa (21) +3. I've been picking with Ricky Stanzi's Hawkeyes for the entire season, but I'm going to have to go against the Lake Catholic grad for my Buckeyes. Last week Iowa lost a game it shouldn't have, and while I think this will be close, I'm giving the edge to Ohio State.
  • Wisconsin (6) at Michigan +5. That School Up North was playing better earlier this season, but I'm surprised to see such a low point spread. Maybe Wisconsin's 83-20 win over Indiana last week is a misrepresentation of the Badgers' performance. But there is no reason they shouldn't roll over the Wolverines, even in the Big House.
  • Oklahoma (16) at Baylor +7.5. The Sooners' two losses have been to unranked teams. I see the Baylor Bears handing them another one this weekend. 
  • Nebraska (9) at Texas A&M (18) +2.5. The Cornhuskers have the better record, but the Aggies have homefield advantage. This game promises to be an excellent primetime matchup, with the underdog pulling an upset.

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home