Thursday, October 7, 2010

College football Week 6

Week 5 recap: I correctly picked the three games I highlighted last week, but I don't know if that's because I'm awesome at picking (which I am) or because the games weren't as tough to pick as I predicted. I went 10-10 and sit in second place in my pick'em group.

Week 6 already? Tough games to pick:
  • San Diego State at BYU +5.5. I think the guys in Sports are laughing at me for believing in BYU, but for some reason I still do. Maybe it's because when I started doing college football pick'em, they won by a few touchdowns every week. I'm hoping they'll come back, so I'm going with them again this week. This is probably a mistake.
  • Michigan State (17) +4.5 at Michigan (18). Possibly the marquee match-up of the week between ranked, undefeated in-state rivals. This is what college football is all about. I don't like that school up north, so I'm going with State on this one. Maybe that's more of a hope than a prediction, but so was my previous pick.
  • Virginia +7.5 at Georgia Tech. The Cavaliers and Yellow Jackets both have two losses, and last year the Yellow Jackets stomped the Cavaliers, 34-9. But Virginia has earned a couple fairly decisive wins this year, and one of their losses was by only a field goal. Let's go Cavs!
  • Florida State (23) +6 at Miami (13). The past few years when I've selected Florida State in pick'em, I've been disappointed that they couldn't win or beat the spread. But this year I've been impressed with the football they've been playing, and while Miami has been playing well, I think this meeting will go in Florida State's favor. And, my close friend from childhood is a Seminole, so I'm picking FSU for Melissa.

A few weeks ago, one of my friends in my pick'em group asked what my secret was. I guess from looking at this, you could assume that my secret is picking with my heart instead of my mind. Isn't that always the reason the girls win these things?


-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

include local division II and Division III recaps in this clolumn please.

October 7, 2010 at 1:50 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home