Thursday, October 21, 2010

College football Week 8

After having a few average weeks, I've dropped in my college football pick'em to fifth place. Here's hoping to making up some games this week to work my way back into the top spot.

Tough games to pick this week:
  • Mississippi +9.5 at Arkansas (21). Ole Miss has won a few decisive games and lost a few close ones. The point spread on this game seems a little too big for how comparable I feel these teams are. I'm pulling for the underdog. 
  • Wisconsin (10) +5.5 at Iowa (13). I was not happy with Wisconsin's performance last week that pushed my Buckeyes out of the top spot. What I have been happy with is the Hawkeyes' performance this season. I'm predicting Ricky Stanzi will lead Iowa to another win.
  • Oklahoma (3) at Missouri (18) +3. What a meeting between two Big 12 teams that are each leading their divisions. The Sooners will be the Tigers' first ranked opponents this season, but I don't see their momentum slowing down. I see a great prime-time match-up with Missouri coming out on top.

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home