Wednesday, October 13, 2010

College football Week 7

After my post last week, a fan of mine reader asked that I include information about local D2 and D3 teams. For the past six weeks, I've been making predictions and giving commentary on D1 teams that are part of my college pick'em. I don't know enough about D2 and D3 football to make any sort of comment on how I believe they'll perform. Check out News-Herald.com/Sports for D2 and D3, but keep reading here for your D1 needs.

On with the picks!

Last week I was 3-1 with the games I highlighted in this blog, 9-11 for the week. I'm sitting one point out of first place. Let's see if I can move up with Week 7.

Tough games to pick:
  • Iowa (15) at Michigan +3. Ricky Stanzi and the Hawkeyes rocked Penn State last week. After five weeks of great wins, Michigan suffered a big blow at Michigan State. Maybe the Wolverines will be ready for a comeback when they are back in the Big House. But I'm going to pull for the Lake Catholic grad and Iowa this week.
  • BYU +29 at TCU (4). I picked BYU last week as usual, and the Cougars were good to me. This week, however, I can't do it. I think it's pretty safe to say that BYU won't knock off the undefeated Horned Frogs. The spread of 29 points is pretty big, but TCU has been pretty much crushing its opponents. Sorry, BYU, but I'm going to have to stop picking you sometime, and this week seems like the week to do it.
  • Ohio State (1) at Wisconsin (18) +4. This will be a great Big Ten game. I love that the Buckeyes are favored, and even though they're favored only by 4 at a ranked conference opponent, I can't see them losing this game. Wisconsin will put up a good fight, but Ohio State will win by at least a touchdown.


-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home