Thursday, October 28, 2010

College football Week 9

I went 13-7 last week and was the only one in my group to pick Missouri over Oklahoma. Let's see if I can keep up the momentum to move up from third place.

Tough games to pick this week:
  • Michigan State (5) +6.5 at Iowa (18). It was tough to watch Iowa lose last week to Wisconsin, which is turning into the team-that-I-don't-not-like-but-can't-like-anymore. Michigan State remains undefeated and is ranked fairly high, but I don't see Iowa losing this game. Are they going to win by a touchdown? I hope so. While the best game of the college football season for me is always Ohio State-Michigan, I would like to see a lot more buzz for the Nov. 20 meeting between the Buckeyes and Hawkeyes.
  • Missouri (7) +7.5 at Nebraska (14). The Tigers are hot. I'm disappointed they're only ranked 7th, and that they're underdogs at Nebraska this weekend. Maybe that's because of home-field advantage. I'd like to see a close game with Missouri on top, but if they don't win, they'll at least score within 7.5 of the Cornhuskers.
  • Utah (8) at Air Force +7. The Falcons are 5-3 with five overwhelming wins, two close losses and one big loss to the No. 4 team. Can they beat the undefeated Utes? They have a good chance at a win, or at least at making this game come down to a field goal.
  • Oregon (1) at USC (24) +7. Maybe this is an easy game to pick. The Trojans have been underperfoming this season, and the Ducks' momentum can't be stopped. Say it with me: Quack! Quack! Quack! Quack!


-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home