Monday, May 4, 2009

OMG LBJ NBA MVP


With his Cavaliers teammates behind him, LeBron James accepts the NBA Most Valuable Player award Monday during a ceremony at James' alma mater, Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, in Akron. (AP Photo/Amy Sancetta)


What a way to start the week of the Eastern Conference semifinals!

I was never a basketball fan until I started working with Cavalier fans in 2006. It has only magnified since I moved to Northeast Ohio two years ago. I'm still not a diehard fan (sometimes I get bored during games and would rather be playing with Mark Meszoros' iPhone) like some people I know (I'm talking about you, Nick Carrabine), but I have never loved watching basketball as much as I have loved watching the Cavs this season.

Reading Bob Finann's article for the front page of Tuesday's paper only further illustrated why I enjoy LeBron and the rest of the team so much. They are classy and humble -- not to mention talented. If you haven't caught the Cavs fever yet, now would be a good time to start. The Eastern Conference semifinals game against the Hawks tips off at 8 tonight.

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home