Friday, May 1, 2009

Let's get back to business

With the Cavaliers off for at least a week, I’ve been trying to concentrate on the Tribe.

Yeah, that is going real well.

Another lackluster April where most of the roster just simply can’t perform under pressure.

Expectations for the past two seasons were high for the Tribe as last year the Indians went into the season as the defending division champs and this year they went into the season as the favorites to win a weak division.

I’ve seen this movie before too many times.

Big expectations + awful start to the season = lower expectations and second half success where everyone goes into the offseason talking about how big of a stepping stone that was and expect the Indians to once again compete next year.

Blah, blah, blah, it’s 2009 and here we go again.

I’m not saying the season is a loss, but this season is a...

Anyway, back to the task at hand.

I’ve been going through serious Cavalier withdrawals. This is the longest I’ve gone without watching a Cavaliers game since the offseason. Since Sunday, I’ve been experiencing mild shaking, nausea and slight discomfort in my rib cage.

I’m itching for the Hawks and Heat series to end tonight so I can get back to business at 1 p.m. on Sunday.

The problem is, as most people predicted, the Hawks and Heat series is expected to go the full seven games, which would result in Game 1 being Tuesday night.

Great, another week of the Tribe.

-Nick Carrabine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home