Friday, April 17, 2009

It's About That Time...




Did you ever imagine this moment?

Don’t lie to me.

You likely knew we’d be good, but this was just ridiculous. I think 66-16 exceeded expectations just a bit.

But now is the time the Cavs can prove their worth. That they really deserved to dominate SportsCenter and local media alike for much of this season. That “King James” is really king of this league.

We’ve heard it time and time again that anything less than a championship will be a disappointment. I hadn’t really bought that argument until the team recently clinched homecourt throughout the playoffs. Now Celtic forward Kevin Garnett’s health is in question, and Orlando’s Hedo Turkoglu might not be a 100 percent for these playoffs.

You might never got more of a sweetheart deal than that.

So, it starts with the Detroit Pistons, a familiar foe. A surprising 8 seed, they’re not exactly the powerhouse of the early ‘00s. Still, they’ve been around the block with proven big men Rasheed Wallace and Antonio McDyess and Rip Hamilton, the best in the NBA coming off screens.

Budding guards Rodney Stuckey and Will Bynum aren’t bad either ...

OK, I give up.

Cleveland, WE ARE GOING TO SMOKE THIS TEAM.

Nothing more to it. Their coach is a deer in headlights. Wallace will be more interested in technical fouls than rebounding and helping on LBJ.

I wholeheartedly expect a four-game sweep. Then, I expect to obnoxiously mock all of my friends from that area for at least the next full calendar year.

Should some shocking turn of events occur, I’ll rely on my man Rich-Rod to help me humiliate the state up north. That will surely work.

--Brandon C. Baker
Photo: The Associated Press

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home