Wednesday, March 18, 2009

No. 1 seed all but wrapped up

I usually don’t make too many predictions.

Actually, yeah I do. I make a ton, but I’m never right, so I act as if I never mentioned it.

However I’m willing to bet with last nights victory against the Orlando Magic, the No. 1 seed in the Eastern Conference is all but wrapped up for our Cavaliers.

With only 15 games to play, the Cavs have a 5 game lead over both the Magic and the Boston Celtics in the loss column.

We’ve only lost 13 games in the last 20 weeks, what makes anyone think we’ll lose five more in the next four weeks?

Ten of those 15 games are still at home where we have a breathtaking 30-1 record.

Sorry Celtics and Magic.

Anything can happen of course, and if we learned anything from this miserable sports town it's to never count your chickens before they hatch.

I'd like to think this year is different, if you haven't noticed by now, this may be one of the most special seasons in any sport this city has ever witnessed.

Now the Cavs need to keep their one game lead over the Lakers for the best overall record in the NBA.

Then the season will turn from special to historic.

-Nick Carrabine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home