Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Is it opening day yet?

I can't wait for baseball season to start. Spring Training sure is long.

I'm nervous about the Tribe's third through fifth starters, after shaky spring performances so far.

But my experience is that these spring games are meaningless in terms of stats. You just have to hope the guys are getting stronger and ready for opening day.

Wouldn't it be something if that fifth starter, whomever he is, emerged as someone who will win 12-15 games?

I'm not asking for another Cy Young performance like Cliff Lee gave last year, just a solid guy.

The bullpen should be strong with Kerry Wood and other arms available, like Jensen Lewis, in case Wood falters.

I'm excited about the offense, with Victor looking good, Grady and even, dare I say, Peralta appearing like he's ready to build on from last year.

If Hafner is 90 percent of what he used to be, that would be awesome. Maybe I can even dust off my old Pronk jersey I have hanging in my closet.

Is 90 wins in order for this team?

-- John Arthur Hutchison

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home