Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I want to believe, can I?

I have been burned too many times thinking a Cleveland team was going to win a championship.

Never in my lifetime, as I soon will celebrate the 10th anniversary of my 29th birthday, have I experienced basking in the glory of my favorite professional sports time winning it all.

Sure I've been close, most recently in 1997 when the Tribe failed to win Game 7 against the Marlins. Yes we know, Mesa officially blew the save, Nagy lost the game (check the box score the L is by his name).

But the debate on whose fault it was for the Tribe not winning that game is for another time.

Now, we have a great Cavaliers team with King James leading the way and it's exciting. I'm definitely enjoying the ride.

This season, I'm again faced with a real possibility my team can win it all.

What would that be like? I probably would have to go downtown just to experience it with others if the Cavs were to be fortunate enough to be the champs. No, I wouldn't be there to loot or burn cars or get arrested.

But as a seasoned Cleveland fan, I protect myself emotionally. I've learned not to get my hopes too high and I'm trying not to do so again this year, but this time it's really hard and I'm glad that it is.

I want to believe. Can I?

How about you?

Feel free to drop some comments to our new blog.

-- John Arthur Hutchison

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home