Saturday, March 20, 2010

Voice of the OHIO fanatic


The Ohio Bobcats started off pretty solidly in the second round against Tennessee, but their NCAA tournament ride came to an end.

I'm shocked and proud that the Little MAC Team That Could made it as far as it did after going from the ninth seed in the MAC tournament, to upsetting No. 1 seed Kent State, to winning the MAC championship. And Thursday night's beating of Georgetown was quite tasty icing on the cake.

I actually picked Ohio to beat Georgetown in my bracket. I figured it was unlikely but went with my heart. And although it only got me one point, the Georgetown loss likely busted plenty of brackets in my pool. My own bracket is busted enough at this point, but I digress.

It would have been nice to see Ohio make it further in the tournament, but I didn't expect it to happen. I never expect much out of the teams from my alma mater, but I'm always glad when they give me a chance to "Stand up and Cheer."

-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home