Monday, March 15, 2010

Goodbye, Brady!


Well, I'd like to say it's been fun, Brady Quinn, but we both know it hasn't been.

My unspoken rivalry with BQ goes back to his days at Notre Dame. As an Ohio State Buckeye at heart (though I'm actually an Ohio University Bobcat), I disliked the quarterback for the Fighting Irish and cheered heartily against him during the 2005 Fiesta Bowl. My disdain for him could have gone back further to his days at Dublin Coffman, as I am a graduate of Westerville North. Dublin and Westerville are fairly similar suburbs on the north side of Columbus. We could trade stereotypes here, but I digress.

I never had much use for Brady Quinn, never had much of a reason to like the guy. Even when he was drafted by the Browns, I didn't care much for him. When he got out on the field in the brown and orange, I had even less of a reason to want him playing for my team.

Brady Quinn has not been a good quarterback. He is not what the team needed to turn around and get a winning season. He is a backup quarterback who was put in a starting position and could not play well enough consistently to keep his job.

I am tired of hearing people who think we need to "give Brady a chance!" He had his chance, and he proved he couldn't do it. I am glad he is out of Cleveland. Maybe he will play well with the Broncos.

As a 20something straight female, I think I'm supposed to have some sort of crush on Brady Quinn. But I don't care what he looks like. I only care about whether he can complete passes and score touchdowns. If you can't do that, get out of Cleveland. The Browns have been miserable enough to watch, and I'm glad the new management isn't keeping around a pretty face just because fans hope he has a good career.


-- Cheryl Sadler
CSadler@News-Herald.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home